AQUINO AT MGA ANTI-DUTERTE NAGKAISA PARA IPAGDASAL ANG PANGULO SA PAGPAPALIBING KAY MARCOS
FORMER PRESIDENT Benigno Aquino III remains opposed to the burial of former President Ferdinand E. Marcos at the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani, a Palace spokesman said Tuesday.
“Kindly review what President [Aquino] has stated previously in Focap [Foreign Correspondents Association of the Philippines] and other public fora. I am not aware of any change in his position,” said Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr., in a statement.
In 2011, the former President told the foreign press that it would be the “height of injustice” to render state honors to Marcos who made the Filipino people suffer during the Martial Law period. At the time, Aquino noted that many Martial Law victims have not even been given an apology or compensation.
“ I will not be sanctioning a burial for the late President Marcos… not under my watch,” Aquino said in his Focap interview.
But President Rodrigo Duterte allowed Marcos’ burial at the Libingan Ng Mga Bayani.
Since his death in 1989, the dictator’s burial at the heroes’ cemetery had been met with opposition because of abuses committed during the Martial Law regime.
“Ipagdasal na lang natin siya. Kung hindi niya kayang makinig sa taong bayan, baka sakali pag nakausap uli nya ang panginoon maliwanagan sya.” Aquino said
ANY THOUGHTS? COMMENT BELLOW!!!
Disclaimer: Contributed articles does not reflect the view of THENEWSPH. This website cannot guarantee the legitimacy of some of the information contributed to us. You may do additional research if you find some information doubtful.